Xperia Z3 may have been recently delivered last year, but Sony is ready to launch it’s next flagship device, the Sony Xperia Z4 in early 2015.It is been reported that Sony will produce two versions of the Z4, one with full HD and one with QHD display.Xperia Z was released in early February of 2013, following with Xperia Z2 in March 2014 which let to the release of Z3 in Autumn of 2014. Sony has confirmed that they will launch only Z4 in 2015, hoping it has the modest upgrade over z3.
Below are some of the Expected Specs and Rumors about upcoming Xperia Z4;
1) Display:-The most awaited feature in terms of Z4 is the display, as they have promised to release 2 versions, one with Full HD and the other one in QHD display.Screen Resolution being the most important aspect of any smartphone or tablet, it would be foolish of Sony to stick with full HD for the new Z4. The screen size is expected to be 5.2 inches having Muti – touch features and Shatter proof.
2) CPU, RAM & MEMORY :-The CPU is expected to be Quad Core 1.5GHz Cortex A53 & Quad core 2Ghz Cortex A57. Internal memory is expected to be 32 & 64 GB with external memory up to 128 GB. A 4GB RAM is most expect in Z4.
3) CameraThe slow auto – focusing and camera launch are the two problems which are faced in Z3, hopefully Z4 will not have this problem.The primary (back) camera is expected to have a 20.7 MP camera, auto focus, 5248 x 3936 pixels with LED flash and auto focus.The secondary (rear) camera although is expected to be 5 MP camera. Some features like Geo tagging, face detection, HDR and panaroma will be seen in the new version. This camera would be capable of recording at 30 FPS with 4K resolution which will increase details by a significant margin.
4) Operating System :-It is safe to assume that Android Lollipop will be running on all the flagship devices launched this year, so it is obvious that Z4 will come with the latest version Android Lollipop 5.0 from the box itself.
5) Better Lifelogging :-If you are a Sony user, you may be known to Life logging App, it’s an interesting idea that beyond counting steps to also telling how much running, cycling and sleeping you do. In simple words, it is designed to log your life. But there was an issue saying that this app is not that accurate. So after all this speculations, Sony has reportedly made a big improvement in the app and ensures to make the app accurate.
6) Design According to leaked photos and rumors Sony has done a great job in enhancing it’s design by getting rid of the flaps that annoyed people, and by giving a metal body with curves so that it stand out in competition with the new iPhone 6 and HTC One M8.
A recent rumor regarding Xperia Z4 LCD Digitizer came up. Digitizer is a glass sheet that covers smartphones displat and it translates all your swipes and presses into digital information. So in layman words, it tells your phone when and how you tocuh the sceen.So we presume the speaker may make its way to the underside of the device, whereas the top speaker may move from top-centre to top-right.
The Z4 is expected to be launched in March/April 2015 for the Full-sized version and November 2015 for the Compact one.