Hello everyone its your man Joshtech i’m going to show you how to export your bookmark from one browser into other At the time of this writing, Microsoft Edge is capable of importing the bookmarks only from Internet Explorer. Other browsers, like Chrome and Firefox, tend to be more popular.
Many users find it challenging to import the bookmarks from these web browsers to Microsoft Edge.
The fact is, there is no direct procedure to import the bookmarks from Mozilla Firefox to Microsoft Edge. However, with a small workaround, things can be done rather easily. This workaround requires that you export the bookmarks from your Mozilla Firefox to an external file, import the file to Internet Explorer, and then import the Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge.
Here is how:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- From the top-right corner of the interface, click the Show Bookmarks button.
- From the bottom of the displayed menu, click Show All Bookmarks.
- From the left pane of the opened Library window, click to select the All Bookmarks option.
- From the top of the right pane, click the Import and Backup button.
- Click the Export Bookmarks to HTML option from the displayed menu.
- In the Export Bookmarks File box, in the File name field, type a name for the exported bookmarks file.
- From the left pane, locate the destination where you want to save the file. (Desktop is picked here.)
- Click Save when done.
- Close Firefox.
- Click the Start button.
- From the left pane of the Start menu, click All apps.
- From the displayed list, locate and open W > Windows Accessories > Internet Explorer.
- From the top-right corner of the opened Internet Explorer interface, click the Favorites button (represented by a star symbol).
- From the top-right of the opened Favorites pane, click Add to favorites.
- Click the Import and export option from the menu that comes up.
- On the Import/Export Settings window, click to select the Import from a fileradio button and click Next.
- On the next window, check the checkboxes representing the objects that you want to import. (Only Favorites is checked here.)
- Click Next to continue.
- When the next window appears, click the Browse button and locate the file that you exported from Firefox.
- Click Next.
- On the next window, click Import.
- Click Finish when the import process completes.
- Close Internet Explorer.
- Click the Microsoft Edge icon from the taskbar.
- From the top-right corner of the Edge’s interface, click the Favorites button (represented by the three horizontal lines).
- From the top-right corner of the opened Favorites pane, click Import favorites.
- From the Import favorites pane, ensure that the Internet Explorer checkbox is checked, and click Import.
- After Microsoft Edge is done importing, click the Back button (represented by <<) from the top-left corner of the Import favorites pane.
- Verify that the favorites and bookmarks are successfully imported to Microsoft Edge.
- Start using the browser normally.