When it comes to pioneer and leader in ebanking in Nigeria and Africa at large, then only one name and brand comes to mind first, GTBank.
Guarantee Trust Bank, PLC, known as GTBank for short is a leader in the banking industry in Nigeria and Africa has has indeed carved a niche for itself in the ebanking platform taking banking to next level and bringing transaction to your doorstep.
With GTBank, one is assured of banking operation and transaction at ones finger tip, from opening of account, to checking of balance, transferring of funds, confirmation of cheque, cashing of western union transaction etc, to name a few.
Almost all of the GTBank services can be done on their mobile platform via their mobile app, GTBank Mobile App.
The GTBank Mobile App is a two in one App made up of the Mobile Banking and Mobile Money, available on all major app stores, Apple Store, Blackberry App World, Google Play, Nokia App store and Etisalat Easy wallet.
Mobile Banking Functions & Benefits
To send money to a registered GTBank Mobile Money subscriber:
- From the App, log on to your Mobile Wallet by inputting your phone number and PIN. From the SIM Tool Kit (STK), select EasyWallet
- Select “Send Money” from the menu in the app. There are 3 options available, select “To Others” followed by “To Phone”
- Enter phone number, amount and PIN, confirm then submit.
- You will receive a message on your phone
To send money to an unregistered GTBank Mobile Money subscriber:
- From the App, log on to your Mobile Wallet by inputting your phone number and PIN.
- Select “Send Money” from the menu in the app. There are 3 options available, select “To Others” followed by “To Unregistered Phone”
- Enter phone number, first name, last name, amount and PIN, confirm then submit.
The Mobile Money Also does a great work, check out it functions below;
GTBank Mobile Money subscribers can:
- Check balance
- Purchase airtime (Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, MTN)
- Withdraw cash from GTBank ATMs without a card
- Pay bills (DStv, Lekki Concession Commission (LCC) toll, PHCN, Swift Networks etc.)
- Pay for purchases at select merchant locations
- Transfer money – from a linked GTBank account to e-wallet; from e-wallet back to a linked bank account; from e-wallet to other e-wallets (GTBank and other Mobile Money subscribers); from e-wallet to other GTBank accounts; from e-wallet to phone number(s) – that is non-Mobile Money subscribers
To access GTBank Mobile Money:
- Download the mobile application to your smartphone (Blackberry, iPhone, Android, Nokia, and JAVA enabled phones) from their respective APP stores.
- On the Etisalat network, Mobile Money can be obtained from EasyWallet within the SIM Tool Kit
I basically uses the mobile money function for airtime purchases, have you been using the GTBank App and will like to share your experience about it development, kindly use the comment box below.